American Signs first opened it's doors on Melpomene Street back in 1949 with three sign painter/partners, Frank Bonnecarrere, Henry Bartlett and Andrew Flores. Back then, all signs were lettered by hand.  Two partners later retired, leaving Mr. Frank as sole owner.  Years later in 1978 when the shop was located on S. Rampart Street, the current owner, Steve Serpas joined him as an apprentice. In 1986, Steve bought the company and moved it to St. Claude Avenue.  Soon afterwards, the sign industry was to change dramatically with the entrance of computer generated graphics.  

 
 

 

 

 

 


To maintain it's steadfast reputation in the local Sign Industry, American Signs continues to change with the times. We have replaced the old fashioned maul stick and lettering quills with Large Format, Eco Solvent Digital Printers that produce High Quality Digital Graphics.  While we are proud to have started out the old way, American Signs is dedicated to  embracing the latest technology. 

 

 

It is because of our original training and comprehensive knowledge of the sign business that we have been able to carve a special niche in the local sign industry.  To accommodate our many satisfied commercial customers, in 1993 the business moved to Edwards Avenue in the Elmwood Business Park in Harahan.  


 

 

"It is the long history and extensive knowledge of the Sign Business

that separates American Signs from the newer shops"

 

 

 


1508 EDWARDS AVENUE     |     SUITE DD     |     HARAHAN, LA     |     70123

 

Copyright 2011- 2018 by American Signs   |  Created by Connect 2 Websites
    Login